Its is a framework for better web application development . Before this used the Web Forms for the purpose of web application creation. Web application creates has a long runny heavy process in which the controller is connected and maintained by server. The details of every small control is connected and shared with server at every point. Thus MVC was introduced to get the a light weight web application. its uses the HTML controls to make the page .
In web forms the controls are converted to the Html tags at run time but in MVC the the Html is created at the design time thus making it faster than any other web forms based application .
MVC has some positive points over the Web Forms
- It provides better structure to web applications
- As controller created in MVC are class of .Net thus its is easy to create unit cases and the automatic manual test cases.
- it can provide a better layored architecture to the user to work parallel on same application by multiple user.
- Lesser code is created as the back end code is done using the .Net classes and references.
- Easy learning curve for the growing project that scale up to years.
High end view of MVC Execution
- · Receiving Request for the application
- · Routing of the URL according to internal routing
- · Creating MVC request handlers
- · Creating controller to be called by the request
- · Executing the Controller
- · Invoking the required method
- · Result is send back as response
Session Management in MVC
- · TempData - is used to send data from one controller to another controller.
- · ViewData - Used to send data from controller to the view respective to the controller.
ViewBag - Dynamic wrapper around a ViewData is called a
Flow of request in MVC